On March 30th, 2023 CloudApp announced plans to rebrand to Zight. Rolling out a new brand and company name is a big change. And we want to ensure our users, both new and existing, that we are thinking of you throughout every step of this transition.
If you’re an existing customer, you’ll find that none of your existing workflows, pricing, or projects are changing. We’re more focused than ever on helping you succeed and excited to bring new features, integrations, enhanced security, scalability, and reliability over the remainder of the year.
Here you will find a detailed summary of our migration and transition plans for this rebrand. If you have any additional questions, please contact us at [email protected].
April 12, 2023
- www.getcloudapp.com will be migrated to zight.com
- Our website in addition to being redesigned will offer more content, detailed uses case references, and expanded resources including tutorials.
- This will happen automatically. If you visit a link to www.getcloudapp.com you will be automatically redirected to the zight.com equivalent page.
- The Mac and Web Applications will be rebranded to Zight.
- The Mac application will automatically update and to find your application, you will see the following:
- The Web Application will be rebranded with the Zight logo but still live at share.getcloudapp.com/dashboard
- Share domains will continue to be on share.getcloudapp.com until migration to share.zight.com at a later date. See additional details and FAQs below.
- Zight (formerly CloudApp)’s social and company profiles on many listing sites will begin to transition to Zight.
- Support via support.getcloudapp.com will be updated with a new logo and references throughout our support content will refer to both CloudApp and Zight interchangeably.
- Emails during the transition will still come from @getcloudapp.com
- Additional notices and updates will be provided in the product, via email, and added to this migration plan so please check back for additional information.
Late April 2023
- Windows applications will be rebranded and updates will happen automatically. The application will now be named Zight will see the following icon in your taskbar and system tray.
- Email domains coming from @getcloudapp.com will be transitioned to @zight.com – please whitelist this domain to receive product notifications.
The Following Months
- The share domains will change from share.getcloudapp.com to share.zight.com
- Share.getcloudapp.com links will redirect to the new domain, without any action required on your end.
- Existing embeds will still function.
- Our Chrome and iOS applications will be rebranded.
- Our Gmail integration with Chrome will be expanding both Zight and CloudApp links, so your customers can always see a preview of your content.
- Our recording SDK and all integrations will be updated: Jira, Slack, Microsoft Teams, etc.
- Our partners using our SDK will update the version they use, which will include the new branding.
- Transactional emails will come from a @zight.com domain.
- Please whitelist this domain so you continue to receive your product notifications as needed.
- What if I have a custom domain? If you have your own domain with CloudApp, nothing will change!
- Will there be any interruption in service during this transition? We will setup redirections across the board, so the service will still function without interruptions.
- Will my login information change? You can login with the same user/password or SSO account (Google, OneLogin etc).
- Will this impact my ability to upload or share content? You can keep working, we’ll handle the rest!
- Will my plan or pricing change? Our plans will stay the same during the transition period.
- Will security parameters or anything related to past security change with the rebrand? No changes to security footprint with rebrand.
- Will this change affect the relationship between our account manager at all? At this time, these changes will not affect the way you interact with your account manager.