When capture tragedy strikes
Imagine…you’ve finally found the perfect piece of content, begging to be documented, captured, and shared instantly.
But wait— what’s this? Just when you think all conditions have been met for that perfect screenshot, GIF, or video recording, the wi-fi goes out. You’re done for (not to mention innocent).
Suddenly the banner reading “UPLOAD FAILED” flashes across your screen, and your smile fades from view.
All the more traumatic when that drop happens to be from a screen recorder that involves narration or a GIF recording with a detailed series of demonstrations.
Zight to the rescue!
Introducing the feature for recovering failed uploads! Now you can bask in the comfort of knowing that Zight protects your content and, therefore you.
Here’s how it works:
- Zight user makes a drop, and the drop fails to upload for the first time
- A pop-up appears “Your Failed Uploads are Safe” (likely due to a faulty internet connection)
In this case, you have a few options.
#1 As noted on the pop-up, you can click the banner notification to re-upload your drop.
#2 Another option is to click “Ok” to dismiss the pop-up. But the real magic happens with this 3rd option…
#3 Stored away just for you!
- Click “Open Folder” to be taken to the collection of drops Zight has automatically collected
- Access your failed uploads from thereon out
- Once inside the folder, locate your failed drop
- Click on it, and drag it up to the Zight icon on your menu bar
Additional Feature: Saving GIF + HD Recordings to Your Computer!
Sometimes a little precaution goes a long way. To prevent any potential mishaps, you can lock recordings down to your computer:
- Click on “Preferences”
- Click on the “General” tab
- Next to “GIF + Recordings,” simply check the box to save your files to your computer
Voila. Upload saved. If you don’t see this option available to you — make sure you have the latest version of our Mac App, which you can download here: www.zight.com/download/mac